- Reservation Policies
Backcountry Permit Registration System
Did you know that there is an alternate way to purchase your backcountry permits online, prior to arriving in the park? The Backcountry Registration system allows you access to your backcountry camping permits up to two weeks in advance of your arrival date in 32 parks. Registration is not a reservation and does not guarantee you a site when you arrive.
Although backcountry areas in most of these parks are available year-round, this registration system is available for periods when fees are charged for overnight backcountry stays. Choose a park below for specific dates and details.
- The backcountry permit system is for backcountry and marine site use only. This system will not be used for car camping or controlled back country permits such as Berg Lake Trail (Mount Robson), Bowron Lake, Garibaldi and Mount Assiniboine Parks.
- This is an alternate (on-line) way to pre-pay for your backcountry permit and is NOT a reservation.
- The registration fee allows for overnight camping in backcountry areas but does not guarantee that a campsite in a specific area will be available.
- Self-serve registration facilities are still available at most designated trail heads and access points.
- All backcountry registrations are final. No changes or refunds are permitted.
Always travel within your ability and prepare for your trip. See our Backcountry Visitor Guide for more on travelling safetly in the backcountry.