- Reservation Policies
- BC Parks Response to COVID-19 ▼
As of :
As of July 1st, groupsites will be returning to normal occupancy levels and those with existing reservations are able to add more campers to a reservation upon arrival in-park.
With the shift into Step 3 of BC’s Restart plan, many group picnic shelters will begin to reopen. Reservable picnic shelters can be booked through Discover Camping starting July 9th.
The opening of groupsite reservations for 2022 has been postponed until further notice due to the evolving nature of COVID-19. BC Parks will provide advance notice before reservations become available.
We want to see you back at your favourite park, but mostly we want you to have a safe and healthy summer, so plan ahead to make the most of it.
Garibaldi Reservation Policies
Backcountry reservations are required for all overnight stays in Garibaldi Provincial Park year-round.
The policies below apply to camping outside of the wilderness camping zone. Wilderness camping permits for the wilderness camping zone (see map [PDF 8.48MB]) are available for mountaineers, climbers, ski tourers, and other visitors with advanced skills in wilderness travel and camping only. See Wilderness Camping for details.
Starting June 22, 2021, backcountry camping reservations for Garibaldi, Mount Assiniboine and Joffre Lakes Parks will be available for the rest of the season. This is to accommodate the increased demand and to allow visitors to secure these popular bookings in advance.
- Reservations must be paid in full to secure a reservation, and include camping fees and any applicable reservation transaction charges.
- Reservations must be made in advance of arrival, through the Discover Camping Reservation Service. You cannot make reservations or self-register at the park. There is no cash payment accepted in the park.
- Reservations required year-round for all overnight stays in Garibaldi Provincial Park. Reservations for campsites can be made up to two (2) months in advance of your arrival date. At the time, you can book your entire stay at once (up to 14 nights). For example, a 3-day reservation arriving on July 25 can be made as early as May 25. Reservations can be made up to the day of arrival before 5:00 pm.
- Restricted booking period: If your reservation is made within the first week of the two-month window before your arrival date (the "restricted booking period"), you are not permitted to make changes to your arrival date. For example, if a reservation with an August 1 arrival date was booked between June 1 and 7, then changes to the arrival date are not permitted.
- Camp only within designated sites. Each campground has a limited number of sites that are identified by a tent pad; to stay in a campground you must reserve a tent pad(s). A reservation holds a spot in the campground selected, but not a specific site (tent pad or bunk in the Elfin Lakes shelter). Site selection is available to reservation holders on a first-come, first-served basis when they arrive at the campground.
- Reservation fee: $6 (plus tax) per tent pad per night, up to a maximum of $18 (plus tax).
- Tent pad size: 10' x 10', will hold a maximum of two tents and 1 to 4 people (all ages).
- Maximum party size: 4 per tent pad; each reservation can reserve up to a maximum of 3 tent pads.
- At least one party member must be 16 years or older.
- Itinerary changes are not permitted once you arrive in the park. No refunds will be allowed for itinerary changes, regardless of weather or conditions.
- Check-in time is any time after 1:00 pm; campers are required to vacate their tent pad by 12:00 (noon).
- Reservations are not transferable. Any reservation owners or holders found to be transferring or selling their reservations to another party, risk the chance that their reservation may be cancelled without a refund. If a customer can no longer use their reservation, they are encouraged to cancel their reservation so that any unused User Fees that are not forfeited as a penalty can be automatically refunded to the credit card that was used to make the original reservation.
- At least one of the reservation holders ("Occupant" or "Optional Authorized Person") must be present upon arrival and during the stay. Identification may be required to keep the reservation valid.
Changes and Cancellations
- A modification or cancellation to a reservation will incur a charge of $6 (plus tax) per campsite/tent pad/bunk.
- Changes in party size, cancellations, shortened stays, and delays of arrival made within 7 days of the arrival date, will forfeit one night’s fees for each member of your camping party.
- Changes or cancellations made on the same day as your arrival date will forfeit 2 nights of camping fees for each member of your camping party.
- When a cancellation results in $0 refunded, a cancellation fee does not apply.
- Reservations will be held until 12:00 (noon) the day AFTER the first reserved night. If you do not claim the site by the noon deadline, it is considered a "no-show" and there will be no refund of fees.
- You must bring a copy of your confirmation letter (your backcountry camping reservation) with you to the park. You must always keep one copy of your reservation with you and the other copy must be affixed to your campsite post (Note: a small sealed bag is recommended to protect your permit from the weather). Consider downloading a copy to your phone.
- Garibaldi Park visitors are expected to follow backcountry camping ethics for the entirety of their stay. Go to the Garibaldi Park webpage for more information and park rules.
Garibaldi Provincial Park – Wilderness Camping
Wilderness camping permits are available to mountaineers, climbers, ski tourers, and other visitors with advanced skills in wilderness travel and camping, within the wilderness camping zone.